Hello Road Trip
Back on the road and back on the blog, my apologies for neglecting the blogosphere the last week but the Chiefs were 7-3 on the last homestand after a couple of wins yesterday the included a handful of firsts: First career win for Hayden Simpson, first career save for Eric Jokish, first career save for Robinson Lopez and first doubleheader home sweep of the year.
The Tuesday rain delay also included some tarp sliding and jousting by the great upstairs interns (make sure you check out the other videos on the youtube page too cause Kristin, Cory and Curtis do a hell of a job getting those put together.
The 7-1 stretch to close the homestand has the Chiefs in the wild card spot and one game up on Wisconsin. This 10 game roadtrip takes us over 1100 miles to Cedar Rapids, Lansing and Great Lakes. The next home game, after an off day, is on Tuesday June 7.
- In case you didn’t notice, Quad Cities hosted Kane County at St. Louis’s Busch Stadium last night with $10 GA tickets and half price concessions. KC won in front of 1,676 fans. Here’s what part of the seats looked like from the QC game story.
- As a point of reference, we drew 32,103 fans at Wrigley Field in July 2008 and 8,994 last July. We also played in front of 17,880 in April 2009 against Wisconsin at Miller Park in Milwaukee
- Don’t forget to get your tickets for our Miller Park game this year on June 29. All tickets are $10
- Former Chiefs reliever Ryan Buchter was traded to Atlanta for P Rodrigo Lopez
- Former Chiefs hurler Justin Berg was sent back from Chicago to Iowa to make room for Lopez on the Cubs 25 man roster
- The movie of choice today at 9:30 am departure was I Am Number Four brought by our athletic trainer AJ Larson. I half watched it and half read a book. When it was over, someone from the back asked “What’s Next?” to which I quickly replied, “Don’t we have to watch Number Five next?” AJ didn’t appreciate my humor and the next movie was The Mechanic but we only got about a half hour into it before arriving at the hotel.
- Big thanks to the interns (Jeremy, Brittlynn & Kristin) who gave me some new music for the roadtrip so that i could finally enter 2011’s music scene. Some good stuff there (some bad stuff too) and I only got about halfway through the playlist!
Rotation for this series:
Tonight 6:35: LH Austin Kirk vs. CR RH Jutin LaTempa
Saturday 7:05: RH Dallas Beeler vs. CR RH Brian Diemer
Sunday 2:05: LH Graham Hicks vs. CR LH Max Russell
Monday 2:05: LH Cam Greathouse vs. CR RH Heath Nichols
Su-Min Jung will piggyback Hicks on Sunday.
May 27 Lineup
Here are today’s game notes: May27GameNotes