Welcome Home Game Notes & Lineup
Home sweet home. The Chiefs are back at Dozer Park and ready for a 7-game homestand after earning the franchise’s first ever 4-game sweep at Cedar Rapids last night. In case you missed them late last night, here are the game recaps.
Notes about the road trip and the Chiefs 23-15 record
- First 4-game sweep in CR ever
- First 4-game sweep anywhere outside of Peoria since July 1-4, 2008 at Wisconsin
- First 5-game road win streak since April 20-27, 2011
- Chiefs just played 14 of 17 on the road going 10-7 in that stretch, 9-5 on the road.
- At 9-5 the Chiefs have the 2nd best win percentage in the MWL in home games. The Chiefs play 13 of the next 19 games at home
- With just 14 home games played the Chiefs have played the least amount of games at home in the MWL. All other teams have played at least 17 home games while Wisconsin (tonight’s opponent) has played 22 home games
- At 14-10 on the road the Chiefs have the most road wins in the MWL
- Overall the Chiefs have the 2nd best record in the MWL. If we were in the East, the Chiefs would have a 1/2 game lead on first place Dayton.
- At 23-15 the Chiefs are off to their best 38-game start since the eventual 2002 MWL Champions went 24-14 through 38 games. Last year the Chiefs were 19-19 after 38 games. The last two Chiefs playoffs teams as a Cubs affiliate, 2009 and 2006, were both 21-17 after 38 games.
Also here is tonight’s lineup:
With the Garcia promotion, Rob Kaminsky will start Friday at 11am. The Chiefs have not announced a starter for Saturday while RHP Arturo Reyes takes the hill Sunday afternoon in the series finale. Thanks for reading!